Donnerstag, 7. November 2013

Searching for a place called "home"...

...Not knowing where you belong might be the worst feeling people can have inside them - because somehow it's like not knowing who you are...

I was born in a family who has always been addicted to traveling, no matter who you have a closer look at. My mum's side of the family has had houses in Spain, Italy... and some other countries - can't remember them all. My dad's side kinda is the same - as they travelled through the United States with a Hippy Van..

But this "not knowing who you are/where you belong" - sounds somehow pretty sad, which it kinda is. Still - it's kind of amazing, too. As you have this desire in you, the wanderlust, the wish to travel the world - to see where you end up living. Once, my auntie and my uncle went on a worldtour and well - now they live in New Zealand. Been there. Pretty good place! Pretty amazing to be honest. But is it my home? Not sure yet.

I've been to loads of places and I still don't know what culture I liked the most, what way of life I adapted to best. I can't wait to see more of the world, starting next summer - where I hopefully will be moving to the Canarian Islands. Just for a year, but maybe I'll stay longer, maybe I'll move somewhere else afterwards. Not sure - we'll see how it comes.

But can you tell me how it feels - to belong somewhere?

I am quite sure now that I'm kind of being the best of me I can. Not maybe in a perfect way, but hell - I am so proud of me, that I adore those things I do, the aspects I support - the way of life I like is kind of the one I live. I wouldn't want to change my life with someone else. Deffo not! I do not want to be a person that spends too much money on fashion (as I still think you look best in things you bought second-hand, or just a plain top with some no name shorts.) - I do not need to have an expensive car, I do not need to have makeup on my face kind of any day! 
I am exactly who I want to be at the moment. I know - that there are things where I might have to improve a little, like living healthy, reading more and stuff like that.

But where is my home? Where do I feel save? 

Sure - I love my mum and the house we live in. But I somehow know I do not belong here for my whole life. I know I have to leave at one point and I have to move then. Bulding up my own little appartment maybe. 


More and more I know that traveling is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. And maybe the right books. Anyways, here are some pictures of the places I've been to. Just to make the wanderlust I feel right now even bigger. Cheers to you guys!

somewhere outside Dublin

Barcelona sunrise
somewhere at the beach in Spain


New Zealand - with my beloved horse

Barcelona 

somewhere in Paris

Deffo need to go and see more places. 

Going on a skiing trip in January with my school. Somewhere in the north of Italy. And well then las Islas Canarias in the Summer for a year. Maybe going to see Finnland around easter. Why not? Flights are cheap. 

Are you guys also having that feel of wanderlust inside your body? Where are you planning on traveling next?


3 Kommentare:

  1. Yay Neuseeland! Wie lange warst du dort?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. nice post

    have a look on my blog...I'm hapoy about every new reader

    Miriam von www.goldencherry.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Du hast ja echt schon einiges gesehen :O
    Bei mir ists das Gleiche- ich muss auch ständig reisen und mag noch ganz viel von der Welt sehen. Trotzdem bin ich immer wieder froh, wenn ich heimkomme und in meinen Alltag eintauchen kann :)
    Als nächstes geht es bei mir im Februar wieder nach Mauritius und im August nach Griechenland (als Hochzeitsreise yay)

    Alles Liebe, Katii

    AntwortenLöschen